Wednesday, April 3, 2019

A little background


I have twice taken two-month trips to Europe with just a backpack, but those were in 1995 and 1998. I have taken many other shorter travels as well. In all, I have visited Grenada, Cuba, Ecuador, Virgin Islands, Ireland (3 times), England, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Italy (4 times), Russia, Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, and Canada.
Mary lived for seven years in Toronto, seven years in Lisbon, and one year in Spain. She also spent a semester in Mexico and has visited Costa Rica, Brazil (Iguazu Falls), Buenos Aires, Amsterdam, Ireland, the UK (all realms), France, and Italy (3 times)
I have planned my life for the last 30 years so that I could retire and travel in 2019 when I first became eligible at age 55. Now that I am at that point, I am meeting many people who are deciding to leave their current situations (often to relocate if not travel) but have made that decision in the last two years. If you are thinking of doing the same, I will let you know what we experience when doing so, in hopes that it helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Full Circle

     We were in Oslo partly to see the paintings of Edvard Munch. However, the National Museum, where many of them hang, was closed. We ...